Saturday, July 10, 2010

The Best Seats

Fireworks have never been an issue for Jonah, sensory wise. He LOVES them. We live in a great little town, that really loves to put on the occasional fireworks show over the summer. These often follow some great outdoor music. The best part is, we can see the fireworks from the comfort of our own front yard - all but the lowest are visible.

My son loves to recite facts about the Founding Fathers and sing snatches of patriotic songs while the fireworks burst overhead. The past couple of years, he's really developed a deep interest in American History - particularly The Revolutionary War. He danced off camera, just as I snapped this shot.

Tonight's weren't as long as the ones on the Fourth, but the kids enjoyed them just as thoroughly. My son, is now happily in his room, reading my now very dog eared copy of "The Complete Idiot's Guide To The Revolutionary War." If I listen, I can hear him huming something that sounds very Yankee-doodlish.

No comments:

Post a Comment